Sunday, August 21, 2011

cucumber's selenium test failed and firefox ran blank..... OOOPS, version in-compatibility

I faced my cuke test failing a while back, and recently saw some of my colleagues re-checking their environment settings, cucumber installations and tweaking their cuke-features in different ways..... and I thought I missed spreading a major sports-page news for all headline cuke readers which might have been wasting a lot of time of a lot of people just because the word is not well spread.

Newer Versions of Firefox
are not friendly with 
in-trend Selenium Drivers

So, if you have direct selenium tests failing, or write cucumber/capybara behavioral tests but seek the cause for failure of correct behavior... lookout for a version downgrade for your firefox from whatever 4.x, 5.x or higher Beta versions you have to any of 3.x versions.
And in case of being the victim of same in-compatibility, you would see your tests GREEN again.

No comments:

Post a Comment